We encourage all parents to follow the code and to have our parents set the example
that our children can use as role models.
The Code: I hereby pledge to provide constructive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in
the Valley Park Athletic Association youth sport programs by following the Parents' Code of Conduct:
- I promise to encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, parents, coaches
and officials at every game, practice, or other related event; in order to promote a constructive and enjoyable
experience for all.
- I promise to treat players, parents, coaches, fans, and officials with respect at all times; and to ask my child
to do the same, keeping in mind that the umpires are usually just a few years older than my own child.
- I promise to place the emotional and physical wellbeing of my child ahead of any personal desire to win. I
accept the responsibility that my words and actions have a direct influence on my child; therefore, what I say
and do at my child's events will be constructive and encouraging.
- I promise to see that my child plays in a safe and healthy (physical and mental) environment.>
- I promise to remember that baseball / softball is a game and that games are played to have fun, and to do all
that I can to make the experience fun for all children playing the game.
- I promise to remember that the game is for the children - not for the adults, and to show my child that I care
more about them then I do about the score of a game.